RED RIBBON CLUB ((RRC)
MS. K.Gomathy, M.Sc., M.Phil.,
Lecturer in Computer Science.
RED RIBBON CLUBS PROGRAMME (RRCP)
The Red Ribbon Club was established in order to cover young persons who are at greater risk to HIV both in campuses and in community. A Programme was organized to create the awareness to sensitive issues of the young and old who are at great risk to HIV. An awareness programme was organized to educate students on the illegal sexual relationships leading to adverse effects like HIV/ADIS.
Objectives of RRC Programme
To reduce new HIV infection among the youth the RRC took initiatives to give proper education on sex and sexuality and HIV/AIDS.
- Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development and
- Department of Youth Affairs and Sports, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
Four Key Areas of RRC
- Vibrancy of Youth
- Sex and Sexuality
- Peer Education
RRCs can make use of the following IEC/BCC materials to create awareness of HIV/AIDS to the student community.
IEC/BCC Materials (Select List)
- Training Manuals
- Exposure visits
- Glow sign box, stickers
- Poster messages
- Wall paintings & wall writings
- Songs and Jingles
- Awareness campaigns
- Debates, Workshops, Seminars
- Leadership Training
- Public Meetings
- Intra- and Inter- University Competitions
- Cultural programmes (Folk art, street play, etc)
- Popular Personalities Involvement
- Positive Persons Presentation
- Road shows
- Use of local cables (talk shows, phone-ins, etc.)
- Publicity in dailies, AIR, TV, etc.
- Intersectoral partnership
- Leadership and Communication skill training
Functioning of RRCs
The members of the club, Sub-Committees are formed by grouping students according to their talents. Those who have theatrical talents form Theatre Committee those who are good in writing form the Writers Group those who are good in speaking form the Oratorical Group.
Active RRC members are selected as leaders and representatives for planning and implementing reach-out activities in their surroundings.
Highlights of Achievements of our college Red Ribbon Club:
Asst. Prof. Mrs. D.Sarojinidevi, MBA., & Asst. Prof. Mrs. P.Savithri,M.A.,M.Phil., conducted seminars in 2012 & 2013 on the topic “CELEBRATING LIFE”. Janab.Dr.H.Munavarjan, Ph.D., was the chief guest and distributed certificate to the participants.